Sunday, January 26, 2014

Peppermint Shortbread Cookies

I managed to make a quick visit back home the other weekend and decided to treat my family to some baked goods.  

I searched through the cupboards and after examining what I had left over from the holidays I realized I had everything I needed to make these scrumptious little things!

The recipe can also easily be altered.  Instead of using peppermint chocolate you could use cranberries or walnuts!

Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Recipe Adapted From: Rachel Cooks

Ingredients
2 sticks of unsalted butter
3/4 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
2 1/3 C. all purpose flour
3/4 C. peppermint crunch baking chips

Directions
Using a stand mixer, cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.

Add the flour slowly, mixing on low until fully combined. 

Add the baking chips and mix on low for a short time to mix into dough.

Now, you can do one of two things:  take the entire batch of dough and form one large log with a diameter the size you want your cookies and place this in a freezer for about 30 minutes OR you can form individual little patties and freeze them for about 15 minutes.  I was in a bit of a time crunch so I opted for the patties.  If you are concerned with your cookies looking pretty, the log will give you better results.  

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prep your baking pan with parchment paper.

If you formed the log, you need to cut the dough into slices about 1/4-1/3 inch thick.  If you formed the patties just place them onto the baking pan and you're ready to go!  (these cookies really don't rise or spread so it is okay to place them pretty close together.)

Bake for 13-15 minutes

Enjoy!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment