Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Cheesecake Bars

When I'm on break and back home where my parents fund my baking, I go a bit crazy.  

I spend lots of time on Pinterest finding different recipe's that sound great and make a giant grocery list of all the ingredients I'll need.  I mean, I plan out meals and desserts for an entire week, and then do it all over again until it's time for me to get back to reality.  

These were just one of the many desserts I found.  The creamy cheesecake was just the right texture, and the ginger cookie crumbs made an excellent crust!

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Recipe Adapted from: Jen's Favorite Cookies





Ingredients
 CRUST:
 2 C. ginger cookie crumbs
1/2 C. butter
FILLING:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened 
1/2 C. pumpkin spice eggnog (can substitute regular eggnog)
1 T. flour
1/2 C. sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. rum extract (or actual rum)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get out a 9x13 baking pan.

Slightly soften the butter so that it can be cut without too much effort.  Use a fork to combine the butter and cookie crumbs and then press onto the bottom of the pan.  

Bake the crust for 10 minutes.

While crust is baking, combine cream cheese, eggnog, flour, and sugar.  Mix until completely uniform. 

Add egg and egg yolk to mixture, mix well.

add in the rum extract and nutmeg and combine ingredients together thoroughly.

Pour cream cheese mixture over the cooked crust and bake for another 25 minutes.  Bars are done when the center is set. 

Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment