Sunday, April 13, 2014

Apple Granola Muffins

A couple weeks ago my school was off for spring break.  Many people I know went to places like South Padre, California, or Florida.  But me, I went home for the weekend and then came right on back to good ole' Lincoln, Nebraska. 

Exciting right? 

While I was home, I took advantage of my mother's credit card to buy ingredients to bake all kinds of scrumptious goodies. 

This was definitely not to the displeasure of my mother though; in fact, she presented me with various recipes to make for her!  So really, we all benefited right?

These muffins are a recipe that my mother found in one of her several "mom magazines."  I believe it was Good Housekeeping. 

Not only were they delicious, but also packed full of healthy and filling ingredients.  Definitely a better choice than the package of mix with the long list of ingredients you can't pronounce.  

Even my extremely picky brother thought they were tasty!  And that is a feat, let me tell you.

These were described as a "One-Sentence Recipe" because they are so easy to make.  They even make the perfect amount: one dozen!


Apple Granola Muffins
Recipe Adapted From Good Housekeeping Magazine


 
Ingredients
2 C all purpose baking mix (Bisquick)
2/3 C milk
1/3 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 apple, peeled and choped
1/2 c crumbled granola
1/2 c dried cranberries

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.

Mix the baking mix, milk, brown sugar, egg, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl.

Stir in the apple, granola and cranberries.  

Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.  Test with a toothpick to ensure they are done.

Enjoy! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment