Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cinnamon Bread

My family absolutely loves it when I bake bread.  Banana bread, yeast bread, cheesy bread; it doesn't matter!

Every single time I come home my mother presents me with a bag of frozen bananas, or a new recipe she wants me to try out. 

As soon as the smell of baking bread begins to fill the house, my brother races to the kitchen and asks what I'm making.  (His favorite is Banana Bread)

My family is definitely my biggest fan.

This bread recipe was one my mom emailed me, begging me to make. 

Nobody was disappointed.



Cinnamon Bread
Recipe Adapted form: Redfly Creations
 
Ingredients
Batter
1 C butter, softened
2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C buttermilk
4 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
Topping
2/3 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees and grease a loaf pan.

Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until smooth.

Add the buttermilk, flour, and baking soda.  Mix until fully incorporated. 

Mix together the topping ingredients in a separate bowl.

Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, then sprinkle 3/4 of the topping mixture on top. 

Pour the rest of the batter into the pan, and sprinkle on the remaining topping mixture.  Swirl with a knife.

Bake for about 45 minutes, test with a knife to be sure the bread is done.  Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before removing. 

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment