They turned out to be delicious!
Mint Oreo Brownies
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff
1/8 teaspoon mint extract
green food color
1 box brownie mix
Ingredients called for on box
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla frosting, store bought or homemade
18 mint creme Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your pan (I used 9x13 but you could adjust depending on how thick you want the bars) with non-stick.
- In a bowl, mix your marshmallow creme, mint extract and 6-8 drops of food color until the color is evenly dispersed.
- Mix together the brownie batter according to box directions (or according to your recipe's directions!). Pour the batter into your pan. Drop 4-5 spoonfuls of your marshmallow mixture onto the batter (make sure you save some for the frosting!). Using a knife, swirl the marshmallow into the brownie batter.
- Bake 25-28 minutes, adjusting if you used a different sized pan. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir the melted chips and the frosting into the marshmallow mixture and add a few more drops of food coloring. (I have heard the frosting is perfect, and I've heard it is too rich. If you aren't the biggest fan of frosting cut down the 1 Cup vanilla frosting to 2/3 Cup and use a little more marshmallow when you swirl.)
- Spread over the brownies once cool and then sprinkle with the Oreos, and press them into frosting slightly.
- Cut and serve!!