Friday, March 1, 2013

S'mores Cereal Bars

Fun fact about me: I'm in a sorority, and I am currently the fundraising chair.  What does this have to do with baking?  Good question! 

I organized a bake sale fundraiser at a fish fry with a local church with the help of one of my sisters that attends it!  Not so surprising with my obsession is it?  

Everyone had to bake something to bring, and lucky me I got to make S'mores Bars for the very first time!  I adapted this recipe from  Macaroni and Cheesecake but switched it up a bit to make it more my own.


S'mores Cereal Bars


 

What you'll need: 

1 10oz. Bag of mini marshmallows
1 12oz. Bag of chocolate chips (whichever you prefer)
5 Tablespoons of butter
7 Cups of Golden Gram cereal (or something similar)
1 1/2-2 Tablespoons of Honey



 

 Directions:

Measure out the cereal into a large mixing bowl.

Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan.

When completely melted add all but about a cup's worth of the bag of marshmallows to the pan and stir until almost completely melted.  

Add the honey and stir until fully incorporated. (If you want a distinct honey taste add at least 2 Tablespoons.)

Pour marshmallow over the cereal and stir until coated, then mix in chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows.

Press into a 9x13 pan (or smaller if you want thicker bars) and refrigerate until set.  (I left mine in for about 20 minutes)

**I found that it helped to rub the back of a spoon with butter and then  use that to press the bars into the pan.**







Cut and serve!

**This was definitely a favorite at the bake sale!  I made two batches and they all sold!**



No comments:

Post a Comment