Friday, March 1, 2013

Scotcharoos

Where I'm from when someone says "Scotcharoo" it's usually accompanied with "I LOVE Scotcharoos!" or, "They're my favorite!" 

Because of this I find it a bit strange that I had never made them before now.  My mom doesn't even make them. (My mom doesn't really bake anything though)  I think I may have had them once at a tailgate party. 

However!  My Scotcharoo-less days are officially over! 

And I have to say I think I did a pretty good job for my first time.  =]

Scotcharoos


 
Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tbl maple syrup
2 tbl honey
6-7 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips







Mix sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and honey together in a saucepan.  Put over medium heat and stir frequently until it starts to bubble. 

Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until fully incorporated.

Measure out the Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl and pour syrup and peanut butter mixture over top.  Mix well.

Press the Rice Krispie mixture into a buttered 9x13 pan (works best to use the back of a buttered spoon)

Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.

Pour over the pressed Rice Krispies and spread evenly on surface.

Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.  Cut and serve!



These turned out to be delicious!  My friends fought over who got to eat the last few!

No comments:

Post a Comment